Sunday 29 January 2012

Product Reviews

I've tried a few new Vegan products this month, some good, some not so good:


Vantastic foods hazelnut & nougat spread:
Trying this straight from the jar I thought it tasted like blu-tack, but spread on hot toast or a warm cinnamon raisin bagel this spread is absolutely divine:

Sweet & Sara Smores:
I was really looking forward to trying this, but found it boring. I have a bit of a sweet tooth and for me, this just didn't deliver:

This is a small company based in the midlands who make chocolate eggs, hearts, truffles, bunnies etc. I bought 2 of their products (Dark chocolate vegan snickers type bar and a dark chocolate vegan creme egg)  from Lakeside Ethical Treats. Both were really good, the bar tasted more like a snickers than any other bar I have tried and the 'creme' in the egg was lovely. The only criticism is that the chocolate is grainy, I believe they use Plamil chocolate which is usually fantastic, so I think it might be that CWH have not tempered it after melting it. If they could remedy this, these would become some of my favourite products:


Labooko Soy white & dark:
This chocolate was lovely, it had a bit of a strange taste (possibly from using soya in it) but overall I really enjoyed them (especially the white - reminded me of a Caramac):

No comments:

Post a Comment