Thursday 6 June 2013

Cookbook Challenge Week 22 - Nut Butter Universe

This week I have been cooking from Nut Butter Universe by Robin Robertson, I have been wanting to use this book for a while but for some reason I couldn't decide what to make, anyway I decided to take the plunge, picked 3 of the tastiest looking dishes and here are the results:

Southern Peanut Soup - of the 3 recipes I chose this was the most simple, only 6-7 ingredients and it takes about 40 minutes to make. Whilst making this I really wasn't confident that it would be anything other than watery peanut/potato soup, however after it had reduced down a little and given a night to mature it was really delicious. Warm, nutty and comforting this would make an excellent soup in for warming up on cold winter nights:

Roasted Nicoise Salad with Cashew Goddess Dressing - I made this one evening in preparation for the next day as I was working late, during the following day I found myself getting exited about going home so I could  eat this, its another excellent recipe - roasted potatoes, green beans, tomatoes & chickpeas with a creamy dressing:

West African Peanut Stew - this was the best recipe of the 3, I couldn't believe how tasty it was (both hot and cold)  - lots of vegetables in a creamy/tomato/peanut sauce.I will be making this again:

I think this is a wonderful cookbook, it has risen to one of my favourites and all I can say is go out and buy it because its wonderful!

No comments:

Post a Comment