Friday 23 August 2013

Cookbook Challenge Week 35 - Hot Damn & Hell Yeah

This week I have been cooking from Hot Damn & Hell Yeah (there is also a second book included as part of this one called The Dirty South cookbook which I have not used yet).
I have made nothing from this book before so approached it with an open mind, the results were actually really good:

Biscuits & Gravy - This was a slight disappointment (my own fault) because I accidentally left the biscuits out over night and they were not great the next day, I ended up having the gravy part with mash instead. It was brilliant, tasty homemade comfort food:


Vegetable Minestrone - This was my first ever attempt at minestrone and it was really good, far better than anything out of a can:
 
Lentil Burger - This was a bit soggy (I might use a few more breadcrumbs instead), but still full of flavour and very filling:

Chili Non-Carne - This was by far my favourite recipe, what I really liked was that it wasn't very spicy, there was some spice/heat, but a nice amount which means you can still taste the rest of the flavours:


Overall this was a great book, it would be better if it had photo's and maybe some more specific instructions for the recipes, but you can't have everything can you?

No comments:

Post a Comment